Highway of Death - Innocent Victim

the otter

• Members

Wow!

What a way to make an entrance!

I must admit this appeals to my personal aesthetic quite a lot.

Great work on explaining what you did with the website. I reallly like the lyrics, particularily the "chorus". I hate to sound overly positive, but your just going to have to deal with it. :)

Killer stuff, look forward to hearing more!

• Members

you did this in 24 hours? jesus. as yoda says "the creative juices are strong with this one"

not my kind of music, but man, this is really well put together. the vocals, beats, guitar all are spot on. nice.

definitely another unique entry.

• Members

right on. right on.

sounds very KMFDM/242-ey..it's been awhile since i heard anything like this.

very cool.

I notice you used the oasys, and i have one, but i don't use it for drums.

Do you mind if i ask how you sequenced the drums? was it MIDI mapping or a drum sequencer?

• Members

Ok that's it, I quit... ;) Damn, that's good! I'd prefer it were a 5-7 minute track. All the way across the board, this is A-material, the music, the production, the presentation. Nice!

Ok, I'm taking a nose dive back into the kiddie pool now! :p

• Members

Wow, thanks everyone. I wanted to have it done in a day to add to the challenge. I was actually kind of fun.

the_resonator - I use Opcode Vision to sequence and record everything. The drums were sequenced using a grid.

Explody - You make my dreams come true, in a dirty way:mad:

• Members

nice track. great vocal processing. also very good separation of instruments in the mix, all is clear yet full sounding.

that guitar sounds powerful w xt, but i have a question..

what did you use to push it "away" like that? it sounds almost as if it's played in another room, but still kind of dry . Was it some kind of dark room in mono setting, or?

• Members

Originally posted by clusterchord

that guitar sounds powerful w xt, but i have a question..

what did you use to push it "away" like that? it sounds almost as if it's played in another room, but still kind of dry . Was it some kind of dark room in mono setting, or?

The clean guitar has compression and chorus on it (VST plugins). The distorted guitar is doubled, one guitar is played an octive higher. There's no reverb on either of them. It could have to do with the mic settings in the Pod XT.

Archived