digital piano

• Members

We may need some more info so start here:

1) How much do you want to spend. Inexpensive is different things to different people

2) Weighted and 76 keys is RARE. You will probably have 88 and weighted, though 76 keys and semi wighted is a possiblilty.

3) Any particular manufacturers? Yamaha, Kurzweil, Roland, Korg, Casio... this list could go on.

4) what kinds of music will you be playing - classical, rock, funk

5) what have you checked out or know already - any preconcieved notions?

this info will help

We all see pretty partial to the Yamaha P series pianos

Do a search in the archives, I'm sure you'll find something

Justin

• Members

Originally posted by mike bovee

I'm looking for an inexpensive digital piano with weighted keys. I don't need alot of bells and whistles. Also, would like at least 76 keys. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thx in advance.

Hey Mike,

Since you want an inexpenisve piano, this will limit your choices. If you want 76 weighted keys for a real cheap price, maybe you should check out the Roland ep760 digital piano. 76 weighted keys, decent piano sound. Also, there is another choice. The Yamaha DGX-305, comming out in the summer, would be a good choice. It has 76 semi weighted keys, backlit LCD, tons of sounds, very good piano sound, and more. I hope this helps. These are some of the choices you have for 76 keys that are weighted or semi weighted.

p120dUdE

• Members

Originally posted by mike bovee

The piano will be for a home studio. I just need a piano to fill in the gaps. Is it possible to get one (used maybe) for under 500?

Yes, it is possible to get one used for under $500. Check out ebay for some. They usually have digital pianos for under $500. But, like I said, If you want a cheap one thats very good, wait for the Yamaha DGX-305. It looks like it would be a nice start for your studio.

You can also see if they have a Yamaha DGX-300 on ebay. They go for cheap on ebay.

p120dUdE

Archived