Korg soft synth preset samples

Mike51

• Members

Not selling it without the controller at the moment (in the UK at least).

I haven't been too impressed with the MS20 and Polysix emulations so far :( (which is a shame cos I think the MS2000/Microkorg sound excellent) BUT the Legacy Cell and Wavestation more than make up for it! :)

• Members

it's hard to imagine the Polysix emulation. I've played the real thing and it's about as gritty as analog gets. Not very pretty but with alot of analog dirt. It will be interesting to see how close they come. With the DSP on a card like the Oasys I could possibly see it, but wonder how how they can get so many voices. Especially when you look at the ION and Oasys with that high Mips thing(whatever you call it)

• Members

I had a chance to mess with one of these the other day. The controller has a good feel to it. If they would have made it just a table top or rack without the cheesy keys, it would be considered a serious piece of gear, but those keys are just {censored}, they feel worse than a toy Casio. The knobs feel pretty good, about the same quality as the Ms2000, but with bigger knobs. But those dorky keys keep this thing at novelty status.

The synths sound great. The Wavestation is definitely my favorite. I've always loved the pads of the WS. The analogs sound good, but theyre not the end all of VA softsynths with so many on the market that would be near impossible, but they definitely are fat sounding. As fat as the Arturia synths, I don't know, maybe not, but these seemed alot more CPU effecient.

The Legacy Cell's sound just blew me away, it's basically a little environment that can layer 2 synths and a bunch of FX, the presets are awesome.

• Members

Originally posted by Mahuska

it's hard to imagine the Polysix emulation. I've played the real thing and it's about as gritty as analog gets. Not very pretty but with alot of analog dirt.

I havent played the original, but the softsynth sounded VERY gritty and raw. I actually preferred the sound of the Polysix better than the MS20 for bass.

Archived