Midi Help (korg X5D)

scarified

• Members

okay I am armed with a Korg X5D, and a midi cable connecting it to and from my computer.

I use Nuendo and I haven't got a clue how to use the midi. Can anyone give me any help?

Also I really want to use the arpeggiator on my 'microkorg' in sync with a tempo, however the tempo on the keyboard is controlled by a dial and you cannot choose it properly.. anyone know how to choose a set tempo by number on that unit?

• Members

Do you have a MIDI interface? If so, connect the MIDI OUT of your computer to the MIDI IN of your Korg. Now, open Nuendo and make a little sequence. I haven't used that program, so I don't know how one would go about doing that. I would expect there to be some kind of a "piano roll" thing in the MIDI channel.

So, one you put in a few notes, play the sequence. If you hear nothing from your Korg (obviously ruling out the fact that you did not connect speakers ;)), you should make sure the MIDI output port is set to correctly; this is often done by selecting your current driver (of the interface) in the configuration/preferences area of your program.

Good luck! :)

Archived