MPC drum tracks ?

noizyb

• Members

Acknowledging the obvious sampling and groove capabilities of the AKAI MPC series, has anyone relied on them for creating more autentic sounding rock tracks ? If so, what sample sets are used....

I like all of the features, but want to make sure it's not a one trick pony in regards to different genres of drum tracks...

• Members

It is a good investment no matter what music you do. It comes with NO sounds but there are good samples EVERYWHERE, and it reads .wav -best thing for you to do for setting up drum tracks for Rock is to limit your quantization (automatic timing correction) Rock drum patterns are alot more loose than hip hop, techno and R&B. I would recommend the MPC2000, MPC1000, to anybody because you can get things done REAL fast and the technology won't take away from your creativity. I can get a good 8 bar drum pattern, Kick,Snare,HH,cymbals,perc all done within 30 seconds sometime. Check out www.katchrek.com the front page that opens automatically plays one of 5 random songs all done by me with the mpc2000. Just hit reload to load the next.

YEAH MAN..........

www.katchrek.com

Archived