FS: Digidesign 192 i/o - with or without extra D/A card

• Members

Digidesign 192 i/o -- $2250.

Top-of-the-line Digidesign interface for Pro Tools HD system, in perfect working order, excellent cosmetic shape, in the original box. Supports up to 16 simultaneous inputs and outputs, including eight built-in analog inputs and outputs, and up to 32 with a legacy interface. Also supports an extra analog input, analog output or digital i/o card. (See extra analog output card below.) This is one of the only Digidesign interfaces known to have really good converters -- especially compared to the "96" models. I could almost call it "like new" in terms of condition, except that it's been racked up in our main studio for over two years.

Although there are now a few good third-party interfaces, the "real deal" offers many advantages in the areas of connectivity, compatibility and support: (1) full Digidesign tech support and guaranteed compatibility, (2) full complement of digital i/o, including 10 channels of AES/EBU (optional 16), 16 channels of ADAT, two-channel S/PDIF, and 8 channels of TDIF (optional 16). (3) full complement of sync i/o, including video sync, word clock, superclock and Digidesign Loop Sync. (4) support for a Digidesign legacy interface, which allows you to add another 16 channels of i/o for as little as $100 (used). We ran this unit with an ADAT Bridge for two years solid, a full 32-channel system with never a hitch. These little things add up, and the third-party products do not have them. On the other hand, the 192 i/o partners beautifully with 8-channel outboard converters, both high-end and mid-range (Prism, Mytek, Lynx, Apogee, RME, etc.).

Digidesign AD card for 192 i/o -- $600.

This is a refurbished 8-channel output card, straight from Digidesign, hasn't even been installed or used yet. In fact, it's still under a Digidesign service warranty. I'll be happy to sell it with the interface or by itself. Of course, you could always buy the interface, the extra card, and the Focusrite card below, for a full 16 channels, in and out of Pro Tools HD, up to 96K ...

Some other stuff ...

Focusrite 8-channel A/D converter option card for ISA428 or ISA828 -- $450.

Adds eight channels of high-end A/D conversion to the Focusrite ISA828, or for the ISA428, where it converts four channels from the output of the four preamps, plus four additional line inputs, and all eight channels up to 96K. Both ISA models include some nice metering for the converters as well as a defeatable soft limiter. A nice touch is that it includes pretty much every format you could want -- AES/EBU to hook up to a Pro Tools 192 interface (see above!), dual ADAT to hook into the latest native interfaces (Firestudio, Ensemble, Fireface), S/PDIF for ... well, I don't know what has 8-channel S/PDIF, but it could happen. The converters in this piece sound great, you'd have to go to the Apogee/Lynx neighborhood to do better.

Lucid CLKx6 word clock distributor -- $200.

This is the best distributor ever made, as far as I'm concerned. Allows you to sync world clock (or superclock) for up to six devices, using just about any device as the master, and without daisy chaining and termination issues. It receives the master clock over AES/EBU, word clock or super clock, then sends the clock out over six word clock coax connectors, which can switched to superclock if you prefer. Just a great, handy little device that makes everything more solid.

All items ship from Philadelphia 19106, generally UPS Ground but that's really up to you. I prefer USPS money orders but will take PayPal with a confirmed address. I will ship internationally, but I require a wire transfer. I can provide many, many references from other well established users, and here's my eBay profile.

Contact by private message or e-mail -- jay [at] turtlestudios [dot] com :: or via MySpace. Thanks!

JSL

Archived