FS: Urei 1601S scratch mixer...

skunk3

• Members

FS: UREI 1601S 2-channel scratch mixer.

In my opinion, this is probably the best scratch mixer on the market, period. I've used top of the line Rane, Vestax and Ecler mixers and this thing ROCKS. The sound quality is just as good as a Rane if not better. The faders are butter and are guaranteed to last for years. If you want to see a pic of it, Google it. It's built like a freakin' tank and the level meters are red, white and blue LEDs. Totally sexy. It even has a blue LED inside the headphone jack so you can see where you're plugging into, even in the dark.

It also features a 2 bank sampler. Each sample bank records 24-bit pristine samples... 98khz or something. Each sample can be up to 20 (or 30) seconds long and can play once, repeat and even loop in reverse.

It has an effects loop for incorporating a Kaoss Pad or whatever efx you might want to use.

It has a 3 band EQ on each channel with 100% kills and all the knobs on this thing are oversized and "grippy" which makes them perfect for people who hate little flimsy plastic knobs on mixers. I can't stress how good the sound quality is on this thing. It makes you wanna puke if you listen to it side-by-side with a Vestax or Stanton. The only thing that can touch this thing is a Rane, and it trumps Rane in every department.

For those of you who don't know, UREI is not a new company. They've been designing and building professional quality mixers for decades. In fact, all of the big disco superclubs back in the 70's used UREI mixers because of their sound quality. I use this mixer to sample and record scratches and I've never heard anything sound better.

I just decided to get out DJ'ing. I am going to be moving in a couple months and I'd rather stick to production with my laptop instead of carting around 30 crates of vinyl plus a bunch of hardware.

I got this mixer brand new from Guitar Center for $600+. It is in near MINT condition and includes the power cord and manual. The box got destroyed by a black labrador. I am asking $350 + shipping.

USA only!

Cash or money order only!

Am up for trades in the synthesizer/sampler/drum machine realm.

• 5 months later...

Archived