G.a.s.

• Members

Ooohhhhh, I'vr got it bad. I've also got 5K cash, & a cashiers check for 5K........

Here's what I'm thinking

1. Good USB interface for laptop. Reduce latency, 1/4" out.

2. Some middle of the road studio monitors

3. A new 2 tier stand

4. Table top VA. Not sure which one. That or the ION

Gonna try & keep it under 2K

• Members

With that budget, I'd say skip USB and go for a Firewire audio interface. M-Audio, MOTU, and RME all make good ones.

For stand, I went ahead and plunked down $400 for a Quik-Lok WS-500, due to space considerations. It lets you put up your computer stuff and keyboards/synths/whatever all in one place, and issuper- configurable, with several tabletops mounted on swiveling arms.

• Members

Originally posted by girevik

With that budget, I'd say skip USB and go for a Firewire audio interface. M-Audio, MOTU, and RME all make good ones.

of course ! Firewire or PCMCIA are far better than USB-1 ; and there is only ONE USB-2 audio interface (cf. Edirol for this one) ...

how many input and output audio channels (analogue) do you need ? if you need more than 2/2, forget USB-1

• Members

i can suggest getting really good near-to-midfield active monitors like ADAM P22, hr824 or BM15A, and may i suggest, plunk down at least $500 or more for some Auralex or RealTraps stuff to tame the room acoustically. having the best card and converters money can buy doesnt mean much if you dont hear what you're doing.

i second the Firewire idea, if you're on a PC laptop i'd go RME . if Apple is your game , then MOTU.

VA... virus c

Archived