Electro!

• Members

What is electro music anyway? And is the nord "electro" specifally tailored for this type of music? I've never heard electro before, well I might have but couldnt put a label on it at the time.

• Members

Originally posted by Yoozer

Your saviour in the dark, ominous world of boxes and genres -

Try "Breakbeat" and click "Electro".

And no, the "Electro" in the Nord is "Electromechanical" - or how Rhodes and B3's work (tines and spinning wheels, but electricity to get it going).

Ahh...Electro is like funky breakdancing, popping, beatstreat...E-L-E-C-T-R-I-C K-K-K-K-I-N-G-D-O-M type of music! I used to love that music.

• Members

Originally posted by Stbean

Ahh...Electro is like funky breakdancing, popping, beatstreat...E-L-E-C-T-R-I-C K-K-K-K-I-N-G-D-O-M type of music! I used to love that music.

One of my earliest influences. I still listen to alot of the stuff from back then.:)

I still like Breakin' too

• Members

Electro consists of a very funky drum beat, and tons of crazy synth lines. Check out afrika bambaata (planet rock), newcleus (jam on it), cybotron (r9), etc etc etc for great examples of this.

• Members

yup...been popping since i was 16. That's how I got into this whole crazy synth thing.

• Members

Oh hell yeah...I forgot all about that song....wiki wiki wiki wiki...hahaha

You gotta admit, one of the best electro songs was that "egyptian lover" song

I know a DJ who still spins that track into her set every once in a while. People freak out.

• Members

Electro is great! And I still can't tell you what it is! I hear all kinds of very different music that's electro, I love it.

I do love old Cybotron, though. And Boogie Down Bronx is one of the best songs ever. Ever.

Anybody ever see Andrew Weatherall spin? :eek: That's the future of Electro for ya.

Archived