NIN question

br5150

• Members

Originally posted by br5150

i dont know anything about recording:rolleyes:

what is it making his voice jump all over the place?

Record your vocals in ReCycle and randomly chop 'm up... or use Fruityloops and do the same.

• Members

Originally posted by br5150

i dont know anything about recording:rolleyes:

what is it making his voice jump all over the place?

Usually that type of sound is created by grabbing a very small slice of the voice recording (maybe one syllable, or even smaller) and then repeating that slice many times.

Forever,

Kim.

• Members

Originally posted by Jeez

The stuttering? Well... that's stuttering. Grab a bit of audio, and duplicate it a dozen times.
:rolleyes:

Forever,

Kim.

you do realize that some people don't know how to do that, or what it is. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Also, you're wrong, it's not just stuttering, it also vocal tuning. (if he's talking about the first few verses, if not, then i am wrong) Which can be done a bunch of ways, most often with stuff like the Antares ATR-1 or the software plug-in version.

I wonder if you would answer questions like that in real life.

• Members

Originally posted by the_resonator

you do realize that some people don't know how to do that, or what it is. Everybody has to start somewhere.

I wonder if you would answer questions like that in real life.

In real life, I'd probably start out the same, but there'd be two differences:

1) I'd receive feedback from the person asking the question almost immediately, and I'd elaborate accordingly - perhaps something similar to my second post here.

2) I wouldn't have five people immediately jumping on me before I even have a chance to make amends.

Yes, I realise that my initial response to the question was probably not appropriate.

Forever,

Kim.

• Members

Originally posted by Jeez

2) I wouldn't have five people immediately jumping on me before I even have a chance to make amends.

5? Someone has double vision. Only 2 people pointed out that you acted like a bitch. And if we hadnt have "jumped" on you, you would have most likely continued to be less then spiffy to this person...

• Members

Originally posted by the_resonator

it's not just stuttering, it also vocal tuning. (if he's talking about the first few verses, if not, then i am wrong) Which can be done a bunch of ways, most often with stuff like the Antares ATR-1 or the software plug-in version.

I think it goes a little further than that.. It really sounds like various different takes, comp'd together with edits on every syllable, some stuttered edits as well, and processing. That probably took a long time to do.

Archived