FS: 2 Carvin 1588 PA Speakers 2x15"+2x8"+horn

taylorman2034

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just wondering, are these all the original drivers and have you ever had any problems with them? Also what was used to push these amp wise, if you could tell me the power used that would be great? Just wondering about whether they have been pushed too hard or have any driver damage. What year were these made? Sorry to chew yer ear off but for the price I just gotta know. Oh yeah one last thing. What were these used for and for about how long?Thanks for any info you can give.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

They're all original drivers and i've never had a problem. We drove them with Carvin DCM2000 amps which we also never had a problem with. I think they were bought around 2000 from carvin. We used them for a rock band and a worship band about once or twice a week. Mostly guitars, vocals, and occasionally a kick/snare combo to fill out the mix in a big room or outside. I was always running FOH when they were in use and they've never EVER been overloaded, underpowered, or had any weird noises come out of them. I will test them before a sale is finalized. They've been used maybe 2 or three times in the last year and they've been in climate-controlled storage inside a church for the past three years when not in use.

• Members

By your description they sound like something I'd like to have. I have a carvin c1644p powered mixer and these would do great as FOH for that. The Bi-Ampable feature will utilize my four channel amp output and has the 4 ohm load rating I need as well. My only problem is the price. I would like to give $500 for them and pick them up myself. I live in Western NC close to the SC border and wouuld be willing to make the trek (cash) in hand. If this sounds good to you let me know. I really think these are what I need and would love to have them. Thanks for the reply and talk to you later.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived