Triton Classic Sample Memory?!

Flow

• Members

I have a 66-key triton studio/sampler completely factory. How much memory space do i have for sampling. Because I seem to run out of memory very quickly, which i suppose makes sense, but Im not sure. I can rarely keep more than 3, 5-8 second samples without running out of memory. Should I not be using a new Multi-Sample for each sample? When do I want to use multi-samples in general? And if all of this is natural, then how do I get more sample space....zip drive, cd drive?

Any advice would be much appreciated....thank you.

• Members

no, multisamples have nothing to do with it, they are a hierarchical unit that keeps assignment of individual samples across the keyboard including some tuning and other info (vol, pan, filter etc).

what counts is how big an individual sample is. Your triton has only 16mb factory installed RAM. You can buy 32mb SIMM ram boards and install 3 for total of 96MB (throw the 16mb out). That will increase the total number of sounds u can have in the machine at one time.

To save them when turned off, you have to get the SCSI option and a SCSI external disk . cd drive is for loading third party sample libraries.

complicated? i know, i replaced my triton classic pro for studio pro because of this at one point... (studio had a HD on board, handy for gigging)

good luck.

Archived