FS- Studio Projects C1 and pair of Groove Tubes GT44's

halcyo

• Members

For Sale:

Studio Projects C1 - Great for vocals and all other instruments that need that 'silky high end' sound. Sounds a bit like a U87, but obviously it's alot less expensive!

Comes with hardcase, shockmount, goofy ass windscreen that came with it (goes ON the mic:? ). Mic is in fabulous condition, and has never left my clean home studio, and was ALWAYS used with a proper pop filter/spit screen, so the diaphragm should be in perfect shape. $150 + shipping OBO...

----------------

Pair of Groove Tubes GT44's - These are mid sized diaphragm tube mics. The design and production of these mics are now done by Sterling Audio and are called ST44's, but it is the exact same mic (the only difference is the logo!), so if you are looking for info, it will be easier to look up the Sterling Audio ST44.

These make AWESOME lower budget drum kit overheads, as they are really smooth in the high end, and have often been described to have a very slight 'compressed' sound to them. Because they are mid sized diaphragms, they have some of the low end characteristics of large diaphragm condensors, which will allow you to capture ALOT of drum sound with just a pair of these and a nice mic on the kick, but they perform great for stereo micing acoustic/electric guitars, pianos, vocals, etc too.

These mics are in great condition. Included in the pair will be two hardcases, two shockmounts, two external tube power supplies, two tube power/audio cables to go the the mics from the power supplies, all in the original boxes.

I would prefer to sell them as a pair, as I believe they are a great 'matched pair', TUBE, stereo micing system - plus it saves me the hassle of selling 'em individually! Guitar Center's price for a pair of these (the Sterling Audio logo ones) is about $600 ($299 per mic). My asking price is $400 + shipping. If you are looking for a nice PAIR of tube mics, that is a pretty damn good deal I think. I'm getting out of engineering/recording to get more into writing/performance, so I have to let these go!

Must sell all this stuff to make room for other gear purchases, so please contact me via PM or reply here if interested, or for questions/pics/etc...Thanks!

halcyo

Archived