To G.A.S. or not to G.A.S.

• Members

Originally posted by LANSTARR

Why do we crave for more gear? WHY!!!!!?

I don't even crave new gear anymore. I just buy a bunch of cheap old gear just to have something new to look at. WHYYYYY!!!!!????

Why do females need 500 pairs of shoes, 200 bottles of perfume, and 400 pounds of clothing?

That's why. We're addicted to gear. :cool:

Be glad you're not addicted to something more expensive, like crack. *cue Dave Chappelle skit* :D

• Members

Originally posted by Jeez

Because you're a weak minded fool, who has succumbed to the gods of advertising.

:D

Forever,

Kim.

Sad thing is, it doesn't even have to be good advertising. All they have to do is list specs, a price and a picture and call it "new".

I'd like to cite (IMO) the worst offenders:

E-mu synths, 50 filter algos, crazy mod capabilities and yet they manage to sound like {censored} anyway.

Kurzweil VA-1 - exactly what new exciting thing is this bringing to the board? The price is horrific!

Novation Remote series - this could almost go for any MIDI controllers out there since they're all overpriced! Yeah, these have a great feel to them, but they don't even function properly for many sysex purposes.

Hartmann Neuron - i guess if you've got money to burn... maybe if you're the type that, upon winning the lottery, would invest in a rollercoaster for your front lawn... oh but sure, being able to "morph" an accoustic bell sound into a flute is fairly essential to your music composition isn't it! The effect of it doesn't even sound impressive to the non-technical listener.

• Members

Originally posted by TheRain

Oh, you can get crack at retail outlets now. that's wonderful news.

Yea, the drugs in drugstores aren't just pharmaceutical anymore. You should see the surgeon general's warning on crack!

"Surgeon General's Warning: The use of this product is not recommended to anyone and may* lead to death."

*will certainly

• Members

Because we are stupid and it's in our nature to horde things?

Or because we like it and the new gear stimulates new responses in the brain that makes us feel good ,more creative and alive.

I just hope that when the alien race finds my synths in 2500, they are playable.

Archived