1 hr to class and need description of moonlight sonata

Alex D

• Members

I have class in about an hour and see if some of forum friends might have some help.

I need a melody (# of), texture (mono, poly, or homophony), duration (tempo, meter rhythm), and dynamics for each movement

any help would be greatly helpfull, maybe a web sight or even your own take on it. thanks for helping a slacker in need :)

• Members

Description? This is a musical piece, do you want a musical analysis or pretty words to describe the mood it puts you in?

Is this a musical class or a non-credit non-musical class?

An hour before class, huh? You remind of the guy who sat next to me in theory class who would copy my work.

If you are desperate use google.

• Members

Wow, if you have know about this for a while and have put it off, then thats extremely bad. Very bad decision you made.

You should have looked at it and researched it yourself.

Otherwise, look on a search engine or books if you have them.

Regards,

p120dUdE

• Members

ya it would seem that way, but I was....well it a long and hurtful story that I will share when I'm done healing over it (family illness). But it's a musical history class so no fancy words but also not straight analysis either. I talking music theory analysis. But this is history so he just wants a basic description and I could give him that with out listening but it would be wrong, because beethoven didn't always follw the rules of the classical.

So just the theme of the ist movement, which is c# and second is G#, to development and recap but I see minuet and trio thrown around but for 2n movement? is that true. I would figure it was theme and varition? is the 2nd movement slow or moderate? and I see it has only 3 movement so there is no rondo or did he just drop the variation, I would of assumed he dropped the minuet and trio but not from what I have read.

so he just wants # of melody for each movment (C# and G# is 2), texture is homophony, durations is where most of the help is needed and dynamics which are every where in music but not so sure for this peice.

once again it looks bad but I had to take care of some loved ones in a time of need. I could play the poor me card to the teacher and get a extension but I am going to write a long report on this piece any ways for finals and hope I could not fall behind with a little help from so friends.

Oh ya by the way davehorne, when that guy wasn't coping you he was coping me for 2 years from fundmental to jazz theory so I feel ya there, but it is no where near that

• Members

Originally posted by p120dUdE

Wow, if you have know about this for a while and have put it off, then thats extremely bad. Very bad decision you made.

You should have looked at it and researched it yourself.

Otherwise, look on a search engine or books if you have them.

Regards,

p120dUdE

the real report is due on the 6 of june and it will be done as soon as my genetic bioengineering research and repot is done, it has just grown so large that it needs to be pared down and that has taken alot of time to decide which is the least important

also please understand I said slacker as more of a self lothing rather then really being a slacker. True I did know for 7 days that this small sheet of paper needed to be turned in, but shit happens and I had to choose. I would like to get this done. so how does this sound if you know ;)

ist movement is in a fast speed (allegro) that starts with the first theme of C# which is the first melody and then to G# in the 2nd theme, then goes to devolpement and The second movement is a relatively conventional minuet and trio, a moment of relative calm written in D flat major. This key signature is enharmonically equivalent to C sharp major, that is, the tonic major for the work as a whole. The slightly odd sound of the first eight bars seems to be the result of the minuet starting in the "wrong" key; i.e. the dominant key of A flat major. The music settles into D flat only in the second phrase. the third movement is (?), is it a rondo ?The writing has many fast arpeggios and strongly accented notes, and an effective performance demands flamboyant and skillful playing. Beethoven was known to break hammers and strings when he played, and it is easy to imagine this happening when he performed this movement.

thanks for any input on this description, once again this is not theory analaysis but more music history form and function analaysis

• Members

Originally posted by toorglick

"It's a sonata that reminds me of the moonlight."

"It's played on the piano."

"I think a techno band covered it once."

"It's in C ....sharp. C sharp...miiiiiiiner. C sharp miner, yeah, that's the ticket."

Here, I pity you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlight_Sonata

lol ya alot like that :D on thanks for having pity on me and what do you think of the above description, like i said it just got to short and cover those 4 aspects. very help link thanks so very much for your help

• Members

hey night long time no here, so you every go over to the effects forum at all. I'm not there so much because of school and all. So how everything going up your way. You get that pedal from mike b done yet or that other project with 4ms. I hoping it all worked out because I probaly going your full envelope if the bugs have been worked out. I dont want to say top much because I can't remember if ti's on the down low or not. Hope I didn't say to much :confused:

any whoo, great to here from man take it easy and all that.

My class starts in 15 minutes if any one see any problems with my above description please let me know, thanks all once again for the help and comments

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Did you aver have a chance to get info on moonlight sonata. I am at the same situation that you were. If you have anything that can help me please help me. Thank you

Yeah, its going to be pretty tough getting info on it. Someone should really invent a computer system that connects various computers together like a web. That would be sweet, then you could type in "Moonlight Sonata" and get all kinds of info. Maybe even an encyclopedia written by the people, and videos of people playing the Sonata. Someday we'll have something like that, as soon as Al Gore gets off his ass and invents it.:facepalm:

• Members

let's dance about architecture!

[YOUTUBE]bPzzvcYYugE[/YOUTUBE]

player or listener, i think one must live and experience the dark weariness along with the joy of our human condition in order to capture the moonlight sonata. i have several students who play this sonata technically accurate, but the darkness and passion are missing. they'll get it with time.

• Members

lol that and the sound came out of a tiny speaker on the bottom od the computer!

i knew someone who had a widget that let you route the sound through to the television instead, but it wasn't quite right so you had to choose between either the sound or the picture being slightly off channel:facepalm:

• Members

The Moonlight Sonata is a cheerful celebration of the light of the Moon, frequently used in cartoons, circus trapeze acts and merri-go-rounds. It's a delightful, lighthearted romp of a melody, very similar to Flight of the Bumblebee and the William Tell Overture. It will certainly lift the spirits of anyone who hears it.

• Members

The Moonlight Sonata is a nefarious homage to Satan, frequently used in the ritual sacrifice of farmyard animals, nubile teenage girls and traffic police. It's a demented, sadistic, travesty of a melody, very similar to the eternal screaming of souls eternally trapped in the ninth circle of Hell. It will certainly drive insane anyone who hears it.

Archived