Mapex 6-piece with cymbals and lots of hardware for sale

schnarf

• Members

Hi! I'm selling my Mapex 6-piece kit, because I go to college, and don't really get enough of an opportunity to play my kit. It sounds awesome, and it's very versatile, not just because of the shells, but the huge amounts of hardware that come with it. For example, I currently have the kit configured so that the middle two toms are mounted to the kick, but there's enough hardware that I used to have them all on their own stand with nothing connected to the kick, still with plenty of hardware to spare.

Kick Drum: 24"

Toms: 10", 12", 13", 16"

Snare: 13" Mapex Black Panther Piccolo

Cymbals: Sabian AAX 18" Dark Crash, Paiste 404 Ride, Paiste 502 Hi-Hats

Additional cymbals (I don't use these currently but they're included with the set): Paiste 502 ride (a little brighter than the 404, and 3 miscellaneous hi-hats.

Hardware:

DW 5000 Hi-Hat

DW 7000 Double-kick pedal

Mapex Hi-Hat

Miscellaneous Remote hi-hat pedal

About 4-5 clamps

One double tom mount, one single tom mount

Two splash stands

About 5-6 cymbal stands

Snare stand

Drum key

Lots of drum sticks.

The set itself is in very good condition. The whole kit is a Mapex Mars series, except for the 10" tom, which is Venus series. The cymbals are old but clean and I have kept them well-maintained. One of the toms does have a scratch under a lug mount, but you can't really see it because it's obscured by the lug. The heads are used but not dented. There are Evans Genera G2 on the tom beaters, Remo Controlled Sound on the snare, and Remo Powerstroke on the kick beater. I haven't replaced them because I'm very satisfied with the tuning, particularly of the toms. If you want to hear the toms, check out this song by my band. The whole kit in this recording isn't the same as mine, but the toms are. If you skip to 1:30 you'll hear a pretty tom-heavy fill that should give you an idea for why I love these toms. They've got the perfect balance of attack and resonance.

You can see pictures of the kit here.

I'm asking $1000 or best offer for pickup/delivery in the Tristate area. I live in Connecticut near New York City, and you are welcome to arrange to pick it up, and if you live somewhere in the neighboring states, we can arrange for me to drive it to you.

I'm also willing to ship it, but of course you will be responsible for shipping charges.

Please feel free to post or give me an e-mail at schnarf-at-optonline-dot-net if you have any questions about this set. I'd love to talk drums with you.

Archived