Newbe drum samples question

• Members

I'm new to the samples world and want to start out with a bang. I currently use my Roland TD-10 / V-drum kit to input through midi and compose using Cubase 5 on my 9600 Power Mac. I'm currently working on buying a G5 system running Logic 6 Pro and would like to use samples instead of the stock TD-10 sounds. What would you guys recommend? I'm looking for basically a better sounding TD-10: Cymbals, toms, snare, kick, maybe some percussion or cool strange effect stuff, but the main focus is good quality drum kit sounds (no loops). Any ideas?

Also, is it possible to have the sampler trigger via the v-drum pads? Will their be any lag or delay?

• Members

Originally posted by stirfry_2112

I'm new to the samples world and want to start out with a bang. I currently use my Roland TD-10 / V-drum kit to input through midi and compose using Cubase 5 on my 9600 Power Mac. I'm currently working on buying a G5 system running Logic 6 Pro and would like to use samples instead of the stock TD-10 sounds. What would you guys recommend? I'm looking for basically a better sounding TD-10: Cymbals, toms, snare, kick, maybe some percussion or cool strange effect stuff, but the main focus is good quality drum kit sounds (no loops). Any ideas?

Also, is it possible to have the sampler trigger via the v-drum pads? Will their be any lag or delay?

I thought the TD-10 sounds are supposed to be pro quality kick ass sounds? What's wrong with them? :confused:

You can get a drumpad - MIDI signal interface. I can't remember who manufactures it (Midiman, Edirol..??) but it enables you to play software sounds and samples from your computer through your V-drums kit.

Peace

• Members

I'm using a TD-8. I enjoy the local (built-in) sounds, but sometimes you just need more....

My solution is a nice beefy Creative Labs soundcard. then you can download/purchase Soundfont Banks online. "Soundfonts" are velocity-sensitive samples, so they sound different the harder you hit your pads - just like real drums and just like your td-10.

Archived