Fibes Drum Kit - Blue Glass Sparkle (Jasper Shells) 100% New / Unused

rjx

• Members

I have an 8 piece double kick Fibes kit that I am willing to divide into 2 separate kits. I purchased this kit when Fibes still used Jasper shells, back in 2003. Unfortunately I was unable to get the kit up and running and it has been sitting in the garage untouched ever since.

Fortunately for you this is a great opportunity to purchase a brand new Fibes kit featuring the amazing sounding Jasper shells. For those of you that may not be familiar with Jasper, The old Gretsch kits and Fibes kits used Jasper shells, but the Jasper company had gone bankrupt some years ago and Fibes purchased all the remaining shells. I purchased this kit in 2003 and back then the word was that Fibes would run out of Jasper shells by 2004 and would then start manufacturing their own shells.

The sound difference of the Jasper shell compared to another type of shell is amazing and just sings. There is nothing quite like a Jasper shell, period. The shell combined with the craftsmanship of Fibes blows away anything Pearl, Sonar, Mapex, etc could ever dream of making. The versatility of the Fibes Jasper shell combined with an assortment of heads and tuning will get you vintage sounds from decades ago, to current sounds that new school drummers might only want.

The retail Price I paid for the entire kit was $6845 AND it took me 4 months to receive the kit once I placed my order!

Here is the Fibes price list http://www.fibes.com/pdf/cov_maple.pdf

Here are the sizes and the prices I paid.

$1450 22x18 Kick (2)

$830 18x16 Floor Tom

$805 16x14 Floor Tom

$655 14x12 Mounted Tom

$590 12x10 Mounted Tom

$550 10x9 Mounted Tom

$515 8x8 Mounted Tom

Here is a review of Fibes from the March 96 Modern Drummer Magazine.

http://www.algonet.se/~drums/md03.htm

I am selling these for 20% off which makes the total $5475. You are saving $1369 and the 4 month wait it took me to receive the kit. Plus, you cannot get these shells new anymore!

If you are interested in dividing the kit up, please let me know what sizes you are interested in.

I would prefer a local pick up / local delivery transaction, but I am also open to shipping suggestions. I am located in Santa Clara, California

Included are pics of the 8x8 tom. The wrap is blue sparkle (glass glitter).

312v5vb.jpg

2r2uh6p.jpg

2sal1jp.jpg

4uz2ps.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Members

If there are any people that would be interested in purchasing just one or two drums, please let me know.

If I get enough inquiries, I would be willing to sell the drums individually. However, I don't want to get stuck with an odd combination.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived