K2661,not only a synth?

sinew1958

• Members

the k2661 is the same exact processor quality and algorithms as the same algs in the KSP8.

The K2661 can act as a stand alone 24bit processor effects when I'm not using it as a keyboard. Just connect the ADAT In/Out to the computer. WAY Better than plugins !! complete with Mastering tools and Digital phase alignment .. etc.

A Processor with those abilities and quality will cost at least another $2,000.00 That's a 2,000.00 you don't have to spend, should not spend..

I think that is a MAJOR issue for the home Studio guy and needs to be said as it's an Industry 1st to the best of my knowledge.

--------------------

• Members

Well, I don't think this is significantly different in practice from, say, a Motif ES with the mLAN16E board installed. The mLAN connection lets you send 8 simultaneous channels of audio to, and receive 16 simultaneous channels from, the Mo'ES. This means that you can send four stereo tracks to your Mo'ES, apply effects to all of them, and send them back to your computer. The effects are only 16 bit, not 24, but you have dual insert effects, so every channel can be processed through two different effects (eight effects on four tracks), whereas the K2661 only has five effects units altogether.

Kiru

• Members

i tried KSP8 for a few days. Any of the big three effect engines , including the Motif ES, dont come near this quality.

different level altogether. KSP dsp is a high end multi-fx device, giving likes of Eventide and TC Electronics a run for their money.

Big three workstations have effects which are just ok, as a suplement to a "synth workstation" concept. not high end definitely.

Archived