Grrrr Triton Problems....Patches I create disappear!!

• Members

Triton LE ...grrrrr

A few months back I had created some combi patches for live performances, wrote them to memory, and even performed live using them. And then suddenly they vanished, replaced with the original factory presets. I dismmissed it as a glitch and just reprogrammed them.

Now it happened again... last night. Two weeks ago I created two new combi patches for new songs that we are covering. I saved the new combi's by overwriting two user banks. Then I went to two band practices (last Tuesday & Thursday) and used the patches with no problem at all.

Then last night after sound check I roll to one of the patches (we open our first set with the song that uses that patch) and it's not there ... gone, vanished, replaced with the original factory preset. So in a panic I move to the second patch I created (fairly complex with a mixture of brass at different pitchs and 4 different key zone splits) and poof... it's gone too. I had just used it the night before. In fact a total of 9 days had passed in between creating the patches and having them dissappear. And in that time I must have turned my Triton on and off at least a dozen times.

What happened? Will it happen again? (I spent most of the break between the 2nd & 3rd sets reprogramming the second patch... not fun!)

• Members

I can't speak to the problem but are you making backup PCG's via floppy? At least you'd have the new patches you created in the event something like this happens again. I do that with my Trinity V3 just in case. I am assuming you have a floppy drive on your Triton. If you don't, please respectfully disregard.

--OKJ

• Members

The "global setting" suggestion isn't going to help. That only affects what you see on the screen when the Triton boots up, not how it stores or recalls patches.

I agree with the last post.....backup all your programs to a floppy. Are you loading them from a floppy as well? I have several different groups of programs and combis, all saved on floppies. I've never had any problems like you are experiencing though. How old is your Triton? I can't imagine it being a battery problem yet, but anything is possible.

Archived