Skinny Puppy concert review

• Members

I saw Skinny Puppy last night in Portland,Or. Tweaker opened up the show,and they were good,and I got to see plenty of Chris Vrenna's drum chops,which were excellent. Skinny Puppy was superb,and played many of their older classics,such as Death,Hardset Head,Tin Omen,God's Gift Maggot,Worlock,and more. Oghr came out with a straightjacket on(he had freed his arms),wearing a sort of Egyptian looking jackal mask. They had about 9 video monitors onstage,and a big backing screen,on which they showed a barrage of different media,an large part of it directed at Bush and his alter ego,Adolph Hitler. It was LOUD. Very loud,but you could hear all the parts pretty well. It seems that they knew they'd get a better reaction playing a large part of their back catalog than mostly new stuff. They played 3,possibly 4 songs off their new album,and the rest of the show was packed with classic Skinny Puppy. It was a show to remember. The place was sold out,and SP let it all out. Ohgr had a slight wardrobe malfunction when he got his pants caught around his ankles.He was taking off an outer pair of pants(he was wearing camos underneath the first pair),and the pants got stuck over his boots. He just kept singing,while a stagehand tried to get the pants off. And he kept moving around,so theres this stagehand crawling around trying to catch up with Ohgr,so she can get the pants off his boots. It was comical. I'd have to say that this was one of the best shows that I've seen,ever.

• Members

I hope other people post their SP concert experiences as they happen.It would be cool to see what happens in other cities.

Downsizer

I'mmortal (Ogre appears)

Pro-Test

Emptee

Curcible

God's Gift Maggot

Glass Houses

VX Gas Attack

Worlock

Nueworld

Inquisition

Tin Omen