www.perkristian.net is up

• Members

Hi guys!

I haven't been here much lately, I tend to have problems connecting to this site... :(

My new website is up, not so very much difference; all mp3's are 128kbit, some new audio demos for D-50 and Synthex and a slightly new look.

I have made a remake of Jean Michel Jarre's "Music For Supermarkets part 1" which also is up. It's the first time I've made something with vocals, which was quite fun to do. The vocals are not my voice though:)

http://www.perkristian.net/music/PerKristian_MusicForSupermarkets1.mp3

• Members

Music for Supermarkets - (without having listened) - I think a re-make is an excellent idea, since every single 'rip' out there of the track is low quality. There's a way to extract meta-information out of it if you know Jarre's style and feeling of the music well, though - I suspect the chords are the same sound as Magnetic Fields pt 2, and there's also a few other MF 'signature' sounds in there (like the guffawing vocals).

Can't wait to get home to listen to your attempt :)

*edit* got a few minutes while co-workers were looking either puzzled or disturbed when it came out of the monitor's speakers. Is the original tape a semitone (or 2) lower, or is the rip I have simply played back slower (could be too)? Plus, the sound wasn't as pulse-like as I expected - slap bass is totally brilliant, though!

• Members

Hi Yoozer, I am not exactly sure about the chords. I have a really crappy mp3 which I made it after. The chords are probably not the same but the whole tune sounds a bit different anyway so I just leave it as it is:D The bass of course is the almighty D-50:)

Hello to you too Scubyfan! I am a 80's fan, just love those LinnDrum sounds! I whish I had one:rolleyes:

Archived