FT: Korg R3 for comparably priced beginner synth

• Members

Recently I purchased a Korg R3, and it is my first synthesizer. However, as several people have warned me, it is not over conducive to those of the amateur set. I have tried to figure it out, but I believe it may be a little too much for me at this point. I think it may be wise to try and obtain a more beginner friendly synthesizer that is less frusturating to me.

So, I would like to offer up my R3 for trade, for a comparably priced beginner friendly synthesizer. Preferably a Roland SH-201, but I am open to others. I need something good for simple, vintage sounds... pretty much something that does anything besides trance sounds. I'm thinking along the lines of groups like We are Wolves, LCD Soundsystem, Suicide, and Santogold.

Thanks

• Members

Recently I purchased a Korg R3, and it is my first synthesizer. However, as several people have warned me, it is not over conducive to those of the amateur set. I have tried to figure it out, but I believe it may be a little too much for me at this point. I think it may be wise to try and obtain a more beginner friendly synthesizer that is less frusturating to me.

So, I would like to offer up my R3 for trade, for a comparably priced beginner friendly synthesizer. Preferably a Roland SH-201, but I am open to others. I need something good for simple, vintage sounds... pretty much something that does anything besides trance sounds. I'm thinking along the lines of groups like We are Wolves, LCD Soundsystem, Suicide, and Santogold.

Thanks

There is a users group for this and I bet they could help you if you want to not give up on it quite so soon. I own one and would love another but don't have anything to trade right now and think you might be jumping the gun getting rid of this. I have owned and prgrammed synths for around 26 years and find the R-3 confusing but well worth the effort in this price range.

Archived