jomox sunsyn

sinew1958

• Members

Does someone have a jomox sunsyn,a anolog complex synth?

One of the most sophisticaded and powerful analog synth.with true analog oscillators,besides digital waveform,so you can expand sound and waveform memory.You can create your one waveforms.A never ending creating waveform tool of this synth,but who has one???

• Members

Originally posted by sinew1958

it's rather a new product of jomox,

so see at
www.jomox.de

yeah, i wasn't gonna mess with this, but it is most definately not new, nor is it 'one of the most sophisticated and powerful synth '...it is pretty cool, and i like most of their products, but i don't get what you are asking or why you are typing/pasting jargony and misinformed posts?

i've used their xbase, that's probably my fav.

• Members

Originally posted by NightChildren

I have tried one at Nova Music. (quite some time ago)

I remember being impressed with the build quality, but there is better.

The sound quality was good to my ears. But, if I remember correct, I also tried a Moog Voyager and a MacBeth M3X at the same time.

The JoMox was the most expensive of the three. The build quality was the worst of the three. (This is not saying anything negative about build quality.... but in comparison)

I like the sound of just about every synth I seem to try. I do seem to remember the Voyager and M3x sounding better. Fuller and FAT.

The reasons why not many have grabbed on the SunSyn is, as stated above, the issues with the OS, and the price. $3,000..... the competition is crazy. The Moog Voyager is cheaper!!! The new M3X2 is literally half the price.

Nice synth, but I wouldn't get one. (unless ALOT of cash somehow appeared... but then still there is a million things before that.)

I think the SunSyn is a cool idea and it has some really unique features. I doubt I would trade my current synth for it, but I would be hard pressed to choose between an Andromeda and a SunSYn.

• Members

Originally posted by NightChildren

The reasons why not many have grabbed on the SunSyn is, as stated above, the issues with the OS, and the price. $3,000..... the competition is crazy. The Moog Voyager is cheaper!!! The new M3X2 is literally half the price.

To be fair, I wouldn't exactly call the M3X or the Voyager competition. Besides being monosynths, those synths both share a very different design aesthetic frrom the SunSyn.

Also, the SunSyn is also quite reasonably priced when you consider that it has 8x the voices of the Voyager or M3X.

Archived