pushing my px-7 too hard???

• Members

first time seeing this.

it's almost acting like when i'm working in Sonar on my PC and i'm maxing the CPU.

The Bar.Beat meter slows up and then plays catch up. I'm getting a little bit of stutter and sometimes after i hit stop, it plays for a few more seconds, the Bar.Beat meter goes batty flashing numbers and then it stops.

i'm working in pattern mode and i have 16 tracks going with a lot of automation, so there is a lot going on. but i've had other patterns pretty full and it never behaved like this.

is this normal?

• Members

When using lots of automation, it is sometimes nescesarry to use the "thin events" commands in the pattern edit menu or you can choke the sequencer as it will record knob movements at an insanely fine resolution (480ppqn). I have found it will smoothly interpolate very well even at relatively "low" resolutions.

Also, the "thin events" command is used per CC so you may need to use it multiple times on a different cc each time.

I have never been able to choke the sequencer with notes, only automation, but seeing as how you can automate 128 cc's per channel on 32 channels, this is understandable.

Oh...while I am rambling....consider using LFO's and envelopes to automate as much as you can as there is no MIDI sequencer penalty for these apparently.

Hope this helps....

...so how do you like the thing now that you have had some time with it and added some roms?

(or is this a bad time to ask? :))

• Members

cool. i think you hit the nail on the head here. i always use a lot of automation but this pattern is a little out of control. definitely thanks for the heads up about 'thin events'.

but seriously, i've gotten past the honeymoon stage with this thing and i'm still so stoked about it.

it's a little slow going sometimes trying to relearn some things, but at the same time, i'm composing quicker than i ever have before.

i'm just trying to take one thing at a time and slowly but surely i'm feeling more and more comfortable working in this type of setting.

i fired up sonar last week and tried to do something just on the computer and i wasn't feeling it at all. funny seeing a lot of people switching to more software based setups, but i seem to be doing the opposite.:confused:

Archived