Bergantino 15" Subs MA-CT-RI

fealach

• Members

SOLD!

(2) Bergantino 1 X 15 Subs. These are incredibly rare, and were never a production item. The information I have from another owner and others more familiar with Jim Bergantino's work is that only a few sets of these were made. They are 8 ohm, I have been told 800 watts. Parallel 1/4 inputs, plus speakon. Very good condition; there is some wear from use - for example, the carpeting has begun to "pill" but but there are no tears, dents, etc; they absolutely function wonderfully, and look good but not showroom new. Careful inspection suggests the grills have been repainted, they most likely were scratched from use and the previous owner had them "freshened up." I have had these in my home and my practice space, that's it; I bought them used a few years ago, I have never pushed them hard or put more than 150 watts into them.

In my experience every Bergantino cabinet has been the best of its type, and these are no exception. Tremendous output, thunderous lows. Great for a PA, or as part of a bass rig, though you would probably want another cab to handle the highs, as these don't really have any. They are bigger than the old HT115, I believe they are the same size as the Bergantino HT322.

I cannot stress enough how rare these are. The production model HT115 seldom sells for less than $500 used, when you can find one, and that cabinet was not a custom as these subs are. I realize, however, that these are not museum pieces, they do look used (not abused) and as such are more for the player who wants something awesome and rare than for the proprietor of Boutique Bass Museum. Considering this, I believe my asking price of $375 each, or both for $700, is reasonable. I like them enough to keep them if they do not sell at this price, even though I have no band and no job.

Located in Northeast CT near 395. I could drive a reasonable distance to meet, let's say Worcester MA, Smithfield RI or Manchester CT; farther than that I will need gas money but it may be possible to work something out. Pickup or meet at convenient location only - shipping is not practical for somethign this size. Not looking for trades, and if they don't sell at this price I will keep them. 100% Ebay feedback, 128 currently. I hate having to add this, but if you don't have the funds available please don't bother.

120306001io4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Members

Holy cow! I'd forgotten this listing ever existed. After gettiung sick of people trying to convince me that I should basically give them away (plus free delivery of course) I decided just to keep them. Maybe someday if I find myself without a job for a prolonged period, when a few hundred $ will be more improtant to me, I migth relist them but unless that happens I'm keeping them.

Archived