Trace Elliot V600h head - PRICED TO MOVE!!

jmb7183

• Members

So...I got this head in trade from a great TBer, but I got it home, tried it out and decided that I'm going to stick to my 300h for now.

The amp had weak output when it first arrived and ended up quitting on me. I took it to yet another TBer who's pretty handy with a soldering iron *cough*Trevorus*cough* and he determined that the tube sockets were a little loose. So...we took apart the head, resoldered the sockets and while we were at it, gave the head a good checkup. After all that work, the only thing that was wrong was that the speaker out fuse wasn't seated properly...oops!! I felt like an idiot, but at least we got to check out the head in the process...

The previous owner bought the head NOS from British Audio Service and had never gigged it. I haven't either. I have not even used it at rehersal! This head is a BEAST! It has great tone and is a fairly light head to boot. It has a small footprint and is a great all around head. If I didn't already have my 300h which I have a large attachment to, I'd keep this one around. The amp currently has the NOS Trace Elliot 12ax7's in it...

It's loud, it's proud and it's one heck of a head...600w RMS and 1200w peak power, DI out on the front of the amp with a pre/post EQ switch as well as a ground lift, 3 band EQ with push/pull mid knob for a mid shift, deep and bright switches. I also have the manual in PDF form, but I can print out a copy for the buyer if so needed.

The amp also has some curious things about it...on the boards on the inside, there are some funny things inscribed. On one board, it was labeled "The Moby Dick" and elsewhere on that board, it says, "Zed's Dead Baby". Subliminal message? Pulp Fiction reference? Who knows...anyone else with a 600h want to pop theirs open to check it out? I've included pictures for you to look at.

I'm asking $525 for the head plus half shipping!! Come and get it!

Here's those pictures...

DSCF0818.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0823.jpg

DSCF0822.jpg

DSCF0821.jpg

DSCF0816.jpg

DSCF0817.jpg

DSCF3470.jpg

DSCF3472.jpg

Archived