Aguilar DB 750 head + extras

fiveightandten

• Members

I hate to see this guy go. It's simply the best sounding bass amp i've ever heard (believe me, i've owned them all!), but i've been bandless for over a year and it's just sitting around.

Included as a package deal for the asking price:

-Aguilar DB750 head

-Shockmount flight case (foam lined)

-3' Neutrik speak-on cable

-6' Neutrik speak-on cable

-3' Speak-on to 1/4" cable

-Power cable

-Paperwork from Aguilar for the power thermistor (see below).

The amp is in very good shape and has lived its life in the shockmount flight case. There's a little bit of rack rash on the front, but the screw heads cover it when the amp is mounted in a rack or flight case. There's also one small (1/4") scuff mark on the lower right hand corner of the front panel.

If you're looking for one of these, you most likely know about it. The tone is honestly to die for, and it's built to the absolute highest standards of quality. There's one small problem with the design though. The amp is so powerful that DB750's have been known to pop circuit breakers at clubs with shotty power (not the breaker in the amp, the actual breaker in the building). This happens during the start-up sequence, as that's when it draws the most current. Aguilar remedied this by offering to install a thermistor to the power supply which provides a soft start that won't ever blow a building breaker inadvertently. I live just over an hour's ride from them, so I took advantage of that and the thermistor is installed in this amp.

Asking $1500 for all the items above, which I feel is pretty reasonable. If you're looking at a lower price point, we may be able to work something out without the extras, but my preference is to keep it all together.

Feel free to email me with any questions, i'll get you my phone number so we can talk and I can get you any info you need. I have eBay/Paypal references, and have been an active member of a number of forums for a while if you want additional references.

Thanks for looking,

-Nick

fiveightandten (at) gmail d0t c0m

Archived