Help with Soundblaster Synth A and Synth B outputs?

• Members

Hey, I am making an operatic background reproduction of an opera song for my sister....I have gone through 16 tracks with soundfonts already...but need a little more...I know that there is a Synth A and Synth B output for soundfonts to allow for 16 MORE tracks of soundfonts...ok...so I have them both selected in Sonar 3...I set track 17 to Synth B output and channel 1...the soundfont bank list doesn't show up...so I have to go to the properties of the track and select that I want it to be Soundfont Channel 1....then the list of soundfonts I already have open are listed...ok, so I select the soundfont...but it doesn't play the soundfont...it plays the GM sound on my card...I can't think of anything or anything else I am doing wrong....any help?

Thank you

Chris

• Members

thank you for your help guys...I tried Synth B by itself...Synth A and B work by themselves...separately...but I am/was/still am under the impression that the should/can work hand in hand...so that I could load 32 different soundfonts if I wanted to rather than just 16 each/separately...

IF it does come down to it, I guess I will have to make some of the simple tracks into audio files...:(

Archived