FS/FT: Genz-Benz GBE600

illidian

• Members

It pains me that I may have to see this amp go. I love everything the fine folks at Genz-Benz do. Just taking things in another direction.

Functionally, the amp is in tip-top shape, everything works as it should. I bought it used (from a forumite a few years back), and he replaced the tube and said it sounded better than the one from the factory. I can check it sooner to find out what exactly's in there. I have the two-button (channel selecting) footswitch that I will include - the additional four-button footswitch will run ~$70 from Genz-Benz (perhaps cheaper now that the amp is discontinued? I don't know).

Cosmetically, it's obviously not a new amp. One of the rack ears was dented in the original shipping to where it's raised maybe 1/16" from the rest of the amp (all flush with itself). Not a big deal, and you won't notice from a distance. One of the screws holding on the top is missing (there's at least a dozen, I'll count that later as well - it's not an issue) as well. Other than that, it's in great shape, I've always kept it racked in an SKB case.

I could ship the amp in the SKB case that I have. It's the more classic design (NOT a Roto or X rack), 4-spaces, and is missing one of the front/back covers.

Trades I'm interested in: EBMM basses, jazz basses, Laklands, G&L Tribute L2000/L2500, Bergantino cabinets, Genz-Benz cabinets, various 1x12 cabinets, a Mesa Big Block 750. Just off the top of my head. Run anything by me; the worst-case scenario is I say no. Will add cash for the right deal.

Looking for $550 shipped. Willing to drive a couple hours (more negotiable) from Cincinnati, OH to avoid shipping.

Pictures are available upon request. PM's are my preferred method of communication, at least initially. Replies to this thread will be addressed, but in all likelihood in a slower manner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived