FS: Aphex Bass Xciter - Aural Exciter and Big Bottom Processor

surfingbird

• Members

70 Shipped

It adds plenty of warmth and clarity all while adding deep bottom w/out mud and sparkle to your highs with out the brittle shards.

Selling only because I put the aphex rack unit into the rack.

heres one of the many great reviews:

Ease of Use : 9

Easy two pairs of knobs one pair deals with your bass frequencies and enhances these fundamentals producing enhanced sub frequencies You select what frequency below which you want the enhancer to act upon. You then have a level knob to control the mix of these bass frequencies The Treble knob allows you to select the frequency above which you want excited and as with the bass you have a level knob to set the mix of this effect Nice red LED shows when on or off Instructions say use active passive switch depending on what bass you have but I have found that this cuts the signal too much I have an 18volt schack 5 string and after several gigs I now use the pedal in the passive position it does not overload as stated and I am running my bass and preamp and better levels

Sound Quality : 9

Amazing just as the reviews had stated you will not want to turn it off It gives you so much warmth and spread of your fundamental tone Rich and warm with the exciter adding the sparkle to your harmonics. This enables me to back off bass on my bass and amp. I have set it up now to act on the lower bass frequencies approx 80 Hz down at 2 and with the bass mix volume at 7 The high frequency I use between 7 ??? 8 and with the volume level at 7 These settings work best for me on Chart pop covers and RnB etc. The only time I switch it off is if the room or stage is too bloomy

Reliability : 7

No issues yet. I read up on this first and planned my pedal board with it in mind so have power supply and permanently fitted jacks so not to get problems with the board mounted jacks mentioned in these reviews. Cluttered connection points and construction methods are disappointing on such a good pedal I have made allowances so not to have trouble but would not chance using it off my pedal board so have dropped the score here

Customer Support : No Opinion

Overall Rating : 9

Excellent pedal does what it says it will do. no gigging bass player should be without one. I have had some issues getting my gain settings right after adding this pedal and initially used the active button as instructed so not to overload it but this took far too much out and found I was turning my bass up and then over cooking my compressor and running out of steam. After several Gigs I have now gone back to the passive setting. Great pedal makes your other pedals come alive. My rig is now Schack 5 string 18volt into Boss Octave into EBS comp into Boss Flanger into Boss Chorus into Bass Exciter into Mark Bass LMK.

clist001.jpg

Archived