yamaha pf80...any good?

Valibal

• Members

i couldn't find any reviews for the pf80 although idid see some for pf85. There's a used one on sale at daddy's junky music for just 249... i'm new to getting started on the piano and since i'm still in college would like osmething that's moveable and not too expensive... my original budget is 500 but if i can find a keyboard that does what it needs to for a good price i'll get it. Side note, the first thing i noticed on daddy's website was a roland rd1000 in "very good" condition for only 349! sure thing when i called some 15 year old punk had already bought that same day :(

i was told to get a yamaha p60 but i can't find a used one anywhere and i simply don't have the money for a new one

any input would be appreciated

thanks all

manny

• Members

I played one alot 1990-1993. I had Travis Shook's instrument for a while (any jazzer's know of him?) and a roommate had one that I used for a while too.

Its ok. If you want to go the cheap route, I bet you could get an 88 key controller and a kurz micropiano both used for similar $ and it would weigh less. The PF80 comes in around 90lbs.

• Members

Originally posted by p120dUdE

I don't reccomend it. It's really really old, and it has poor acoustic pianos. The action is pretty good though.

I mean, it doesn't even begin to compare to the superbness of the P120... No sir. It has truly superb paThEtiC resOnaNCe

Archived