anyone get their e-mu roms from the blowout sale yet?

• Members

i just remembered today that i ordered one about a month ago but they weren't supposed to ship until the 12th.

I double checked my order confirm and i had them 2nd day it, but still no ROM and i haven't got a shipping confirmation.....although i don't think i got one when i orderd my vintage rom a couple months ago either.

just curious

• Members

e-mu doesnt give a {censored} about you, or the quality of their customer service when it comes to their discontinued "hardware"

i'd be suprised if you get your rom at all...

now if you ordered one of their new soft-samplers you bet your ass you'd have already gotten it, and with a smiley face included in the box.

• Members

yeah, i did notice when i orderd the vintage rom from them, they were pretty lax about it - like the no shipping confirmation and took the lady forever to be find my order when i called to ask for the fedex number.

hum. they were so god damn cheap, as long as i get it i'll be happy.

• Members

Originally posted by scotty

I ordered the proteus 2000 ("composer rom" I believe) over the phone and I had it within a few days. maybe orders via the internet are slower?

good luck!

-scotty

I ordered mine over the phone too and nothing yet. I ordered it on 6/24. They told me it wouldn't ship till 7/12. I paid for two day and still nothing. Never received a confirmation number. I've been calling the last couple of days to find out the status and was told she (the only customer service rep they have) has to check the computer print outs with my order number and get back to me. I asked if they had the things in stock and her reply was "Oh yes we have them in stock." Well, if you have them in stock send me what I paid for (sorry for the rant, I'm getting very frustrated with them).

If I have to call them again, I'm going to tell them to refund my money.

• Members

No kidding man - I think I paid over $200 when that XL-1 ROM first came out.

--James

Originally posted by cybermooks

Yeah they're pretty slow but you guys are lucky. You're getting them at $69 or whatever; the last "blowout sale" they had I paid almost double that for the same {censored}.

• Members

I finally got a tracking number. They should be here Monday.

Originally posted by cybermooks

Yeah they're pretty slow but you guys are lucky. You're getting them at $69 or whatever; the last "blowout sale" they had I paid almost double that for the same {censored}.

Yeah, I paid $179 for my Protean Drums card.

I don't have a problem waiting for them but, (in the computer age) at least be able to tell me if/when they shipped. And send me some kind of acknowledgement that you processed my order. I could understand if the company completely went out of business but, if I was planning on buying an Emulator, my mind would be changed now.

• Members

Yeah, I ordered the MP7 ROM on July 9 using 2nd day shipping as well and just spoked with Mari, they didn't ship my order until July 14... My order is expected for delivery today according to UPS...

If you need to contact her directly by email it's:

marin@emu.com

She is in her office now...

• Members

Originally posted by Napalm

Yeah, I ordered the MP7 ROM on July 9 using 2nd day shipping as well and just spoked with Mari, they didn't ship my order until July 14... My order is expected for delivery today according to UPS...

If you need to contact her directly by email it's:

marin@emu.com

She is in her office now...

that sounds so sexy :D

• Members

I got my roms from Emu today. I didn't know that the Dynamic Grand on the Proteus was the same as the Coakley Perfect Piano or the ZR rom so, I just bought the ZR rom for a piano that I already had. I'm still happy though. Got that and the Pure Phatt Rom.

• Members

Originally posted by FINGERFUNK

I got my roms from Emu today. I didn't know that the Dynamic Grand on the Proteus was the same as the Coakley Perfect Piano or the ZR rom...

The Perfect Piano patch is 14MB on the ZR ROM, it's not the same as the Dynamic Grand at all, which is only a few kilobytes o' power. The Coakley has far better sound and dynamics. It's not just the size of the sample, it's that Coakley took a lot of time and trouble and had a very good ear for matching the Steinway tone up and down the keyboard. There is only one velocity switch, but it's very well done. Try adjusting the velocity amp and vel filter for a softer touch. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Birdienumnum

The Perfect Piano patch is 14MB on the ZR ROM, it's not the same as the Dynamic Grand at all, which is only a few kilobytes o' power. The Coakley has far better sound and dynamics. It's not just the size of the sample, it's that Coakley took a lot of time and trouble and had a very good ear for matching the Steinway tone up and down the keyboard. There is only one velocity switch, but it's very well done. Try adjusting the velocity amp and vel filter for a softer touch.
:)

Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's a sweet rom to have. I'm happy with it.

Archived