Problems w/ Triton LE-Not saving patch modifications.

• Members

I've had my Triton LE for about two years. It's been a great board and I use it primarily for some synth and brass sounds. This past spring I started noticing some peculiar things in regards to saving patches. In a few cases my LE would revert a freshly "tweaked" combi patch back to the original factory preset. Now the synth doesn't save any modified patches after it's been powered off. In addition, it sounds as if the quaility of the sounds may be deterioating (becoming a little buzzy or distorted). Is this possible? Is there something that may be wrong with either the internal RAM or the OS that may be causing this.

• Members

It has kept all of the over writes I made before mid May. Now anything after that it won't save after it has been turned off.

The sound quality might be in my head, however it seems (especially with some bras combi's I created), you can hear a little more buzz (like a sawtooth wave) in the sounds that wasn't previously there. I've heard of synths slowly detuning over time could that be possible here?

I'll be ready to turn this in for a Triton Extreme in a few months so I hope this doesn't turn into a major repair.

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

It has kept all of the over writes I made before mid May. Now anything after that it won't save after it has been turned off.

The sound quality might be in my head, however it seems (especially with some bras combi's I created), you can hear a little more buzz (like a sawtooth wave) in the sounds that wasn't previously there. I've heard of synths slowly detuning over time could that be possible here?

I'll be ready to turn this in for a Triton Extreme in a few months so I hope this doesn't turn into a major repair.

Sounds like you might want to swap it in sooner rather than later! ;)

Archived