Opinions Peavey KB/A for a practice amp!

• Members

I have a chance to buy a used Peavey KB/A in good used condition for $200. I would be using it 90% just for practice hooking two synths and a Line 6 POD. Right now I set everything up into a small mixer and then into a practice PA a good 10-15 minute setup. Pain in der arshe! I just want to plug and play. Ocassionally I'd like to use it at a gig for a little stage monitoring at some larger gigs (right now I go through our monitors. Any opinions? A few months back I tried using a KC150 and it was worthless. The keys could barely be heard (even at practice volume) but the POD sounded good. Go figure! I've been renting a Samson db500a (at $20 a pop) for large outdoor gigs, but I've been holding off buying the Samson because #1 it heavy (61 lbs) and #2 it has only one input channel still requiring me to use the mixer.

• Members

Hmm...probably not a whole lot better than a KC150, which is about 60 watts. You might notice a slight increase in overall volume, so if it is a good deal, it might be worth. But if the KC150 was truly worthless, you probably need something more along the lines of a KB/A 300.

Archived