1976 Fender Precision Bass FS or FT

jmaestro

• Members

I purchased this bass about 3 months ago and I've gigged with it on six different occasions and everytime I received compliments on my sound and the look of the bass. This bass has had the sh*t played out of it. There's finish wear, dings and scratches on the body, neck, and hardware.

The previous owner swapped the original 76 pickup out for a Fender 57 pickup. The pots, I believe, were swapped out also. The new ones are 250K also. The original control knobs were removed and strat style knobs were put in its place. Strap buttons were also changed. I think that the neck might have also been refretted at some point. I don't have the OHSC, but I do have a beat up molded Fender case it came in. Body, neck, pickguard, turners, bridge, neckplate and thumbrest are all original.

The neck of this bass had a crack repair years ago at the neck and headstock area, but it seems that it was not deep. The crack was behind the neck at the first fret and curved up to the first peg on the headstock. It's sealed up and I can promise that it's not opening back up or spreading. It's sealed really well and tight. Also, the tone pot doesn't seem to be working. Those are the only working issues that I've noticed with this bass. The neck repair, I don't see being an issue.

The sound of this bass is really thick. The neck is super slim for a P bass. The bass itself is crazy light (I don't have a scale around but it can't be over 9-10lbs.) I'll provide a lot of pictures and if more is needed just message me. I do accept returns if I'm contacted within 7 days after receiving the bass. I'm opened to any offers, I don't have a particular asking price. $890 shipped just to list a price. I'm really taking the best offer. No trades, unless it's involving a jazz bass. I'd rather not use paypal, but if needed I will use it. Serial # 7647876.

Archived