For Trade Only - US Lakland Bob Glaub - One of a Kind!

mister_peabody

• Members

I figure I have a snowball's chance in Phoenix finding what I'm looking for, but I thought I'd give it a shot.....

I have a US Lakland Bob Glaub I custom ordered a little over a year ago. It has a Jazz taper neck (1.5" nut with MOP blocks and binding) in a custom Cherry Sunburst finish. When you check the Lakland website, Cherry Sunburst is not one of the finish options listed for the US Glaub. I always loved this color, so I contacted the folks at Lakland to see if they would be willing to create one. Their response....no problem. This is the result.....

This is a beautiful one-of-a-kind bass that plays like a dream and sounds unbelievable. It is in mint (like new) condition and has only left my house a couple of times. It comes with the standard Lakland white hard case.

While I love the uniqueness of the cherry sunburst, I find my self yearning for the more common three tone sunburst finish...why, I don't know. I think it has to do with a '72 P-bass in a 3T burst finish I owned for 25 years and sold about 5 years ago. I miss it...

Anyway, here's what I'd be willing to trade for:

I'm willing to trade my bass for a US Lakland Bob Glaub with the exact same features, except with a three tone sunburst finish. The key is it also has to have the 1.5" Jazz taper neck with the MOP blocks and binding. I know, I'm so picky.

I know this is a needle in a haystack trade offer, but I know there are a couple of them out there...

There is one other bass I may consider in a trade, but this will be even rarer than the one I have listed above. I would also consider trading for an early 70's Fender Precision in a three tone sunburst finish, but it must have an "A" neck (1.5" nut) with a rosewood board. I'm not holding my breath on this one, but again, it can't hurt to ask.

I'm not looking to sell this bass, I'm looking for a trade only....and only for the basses I have listed. Of course if you're willing to offer what I paid for it ($2800), how could I say no. :rolleyes: To duplicate this bass (using a 30% discount off of MSRP) with current pricing it would run you about $3200, but you'll probably wait 8-10 months to get it. Again, it is not my intention to sell it, but I know I'll get an inquiry about a selling price...so there you go.

If you have any questions or would like any additional pics, send me a PM or shoot me an e-mail to peabody59@hotmail.com.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Archived