Need Advice for Rickenbacker Purchase

jackajesusfreak

• Members

Hi all,

I've bought and sold about 20 guitars/basses in the last 2+ years, but I've never paid more than 700 dollars for one. I'm interested in purchasing a Rick and don't feel like I can afford the price for a new one. So I'm looking at used.

If you have the time and are experience in this area, take a look at this link. He is offering this to me, for 1300 shipped. If you look at the second picture of the back of the bass, there is a white spot in the upper right hand corner. He says it is 'wear' showing through. I have asked him for closer and better pictures of the 'wear'. He is in the process of putting that together for me.

I know I have a very little chance of getting a 29 year old bass in pristine condition but I don't want one that's all beat up. I can get the exact model on Ebay, except it is a 2009 and has been sitting in a case and played one time, probably for 1700. I know that is 400 more than I truly want to spend. I don't know. What's the opinions and advice here?

http://www.rickresource.com/forum/vi...p?f=6&t=394857

Thanks,

Jack

• Members

I have no idea what bass you're pointing us to with that link... it's for a thread on forum revamp and I couldn't care less.

I CAN tell you to avoid Ric basses between 1981 and ????... those that had the truss-rod adjustment at the heel of the neck... they are bad medicine.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived