FS/FT: Custom fretless bass - flame koa top, ebony fretboard, DiMarzios - $500

endlessocean

• Members

Howdy guys,

I have a Warmoth fretless bass I'm looking to sell or trade (see below).

Alder Dinky J Bass body w/ flame koa top (gorgeous figuring, top is form Warmoth's unique choice section and was a $220 extra)

Maple neck w/ ebony fretboard (jet black, no streaks)

Gotoh bridge- think it's a 206

G&L tuners

DiMarzio pickups (so I was told when I bought it)

Concentric pots

natural satin finish (not glossy)

there is no case (sorry)

There are 2 superfluous screws from where the original owner changed out the bridge rout. They don't do anything and they're just in front of the bridge and black and hardly noticeable, but in the interests of full disclosure I felt I should tell you. There are a few minute dings, but nothing you wouldn't expect- it's like a 9.8/10 in terms of physical condition and all round badassery.

All in all this was a $1200 build, you can go on Warmoth.com and build the same one and it's $900 without electronics/hardware. I paid $800 for it in March from the original buyer. It was never gigged and has been a studio bass all its life.

I've had this for a few months. I originally bought it to learn bass on, and use it for recording (I'm originally a guitarist) but I didn't play it very much and I have a 70s Fender (with frets) I can use whenever I want so this is pretty much redundant, which is a shame cos its badass.

It'll be shipped via UPS which the buyer will pay for. Bass is located in Billings, MT.

I'm looking to trade it for a small (15w) valve amp like a Handsome Devil or a Vox Nighttrain... something like that, or a left handed Fender strat. I am not looking to trade for another bass.

bass-6.jpg

bass-5.jpg

closeup of grain:

bass-2.jpg

thanks for looking :)

Archived