FS: Carvin LB76 six string bass

Poparad

For sale is a beautiful Carvin LB76 from 1999. I'm only selling it because I already have two other LB76's that I love, and I don't really need a third. :o

I bought this used from a guy who did a lot of cruise ship gigs, and I personally have performed with this in the US and Europe, so it's traveled a lot and has some history. Despite the age and use, there isn't a single ding on the bass, as it's been well taken care of. Although I'm not the original owner, I've deduced that it's a 1999 because that was the last year that the 9v active preamp was used (which has been replaced twice now in the LB series) and the first year for the string-through bridge.

I'm personally a big fan of the LB76 because it's the only six string I've played that doesn't feel like a beast to play. The string spacing is much narrower and far more comfortable.

Included is a Carvin black hardshell case, instruction papers for setup and maintenance, and the appropriate allen wrenches. The strap in the pictures is not included, but the Dunlop strap locks are included.

Options (from the Carvin website):

NMAH - Mahogany Neck & Body

CG - Clear Gloss Finish (Standard)

TS - Cherry Sunburst

RB - Rounded Body Sides

PH - Headstock To Match Plain Wood Body Color (Standard)

EB - Ebony Fingerboard (Standard)

AB - Abalone Block Inlays

Med-Jumbo Frets .048" H .103" W (Standard)

14in Fretboard Radius (Standard)

HB2 - HB Alnico Bridge Humbucker (with coil tap)/J9A Alnico Neck Pickup

BLK - Black Pickups

G - Gold Hardware

SL - Dunlop Straplocks

New from Carvin with these options it would run about $1400. I'm selling this for $850 shipped with hardshell case to the continental US. If you live elsewhere, I'm still willing to ship, but you'll have to add more for the extra shipping costs.

006.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Archived