FEELER - 93 Gibson Les Paul Premium Plus 5 String Bass

Dega500

• Members

I have a 93 Gibson (LPB-25) Les Paul Premium Plus 5 String Bass that I'm thinking about selling.

I've been playing guitar exclusively for the past several years and this bass just sits. I love this bass and gigged it pretty hard back in the 90's and early 2000's but my bass player son won't have anything to do with a 5 string. He likes is 4 string Fenders too much I guess so I'm thinking of offering it up if there is much interest.

It has a Cherry Sunburst, flamed, 1/4" flat, maple top, mahogany neck and body, 20 fret ebony fingerboard with trap position markers and black hardware.

It has Bartolini Soapbars and Active 9 Volt Bartolini TCT-B electronics. It needs a new treble pot which I am in the process of replacing. Two switches were added to the bass by the previous owner that to me didn't appear to have any effect on the sound so I had them removed from the circuit by a local tech.

photo0225i.jpg

photo0228y.jpg

photo0229v.jpg

photo0227.jpg

This bass is in really good condition cosmetically but has it's share of mojo in the form of dings, scratches etc. There are no breaks or major issues that might affect playability. It comes with a brown/Pink Cali-Girl case.

SOLD!

I'd also entertain trade offers for guitars (I'm a Gibson/ Humbucker guy) or the right tube amp.

If interested send me a PM and I'll get some more photos for you.

Thanks,

Dega

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Update,

I figured out what the two switches on the bass were for. It turns out that the Bartolini pups in her are dual coil/ four conductor pickups and the switches are coil taps. I found a factory Bartolini wiring diagram online that shows exactly how they were wired. I can't be sure if they came form the Gibson factory like that but the steel plate the pots are attached to in the cavity have what appear to be factory holes the switches are mounted in.

Archived