FT: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass. Players bass.

Navybass65

• Members

I got this bass from Manhattan Vintage and the vintage guitar person assured me that this was a true 1975 Jazz Bass that was modified.

Now on to the modifications which were all done BEFORE I got the bass. The body was stripped and re-done in natural gloss. In the process of stripping the body they rounded the edges more. The bridge was changed to a Badass II, the control plate was changed to a brass plate the pickguard was changed and the tuners were changed to vintage reverse tuners. The neck was professionally refretted and the gloss finish was taken off the neck, but NOT off the headstock face, so the decal is original. The neck was finished with Watco Danish oil. The pickups are Bartolini's.

The serial number is on the 3 bolt neckplate. The truss rod works great and the action is nice and low. The frets have a lot of meat left on them. The bass is medium weight.

This is definately NOT a collectors piece, but it IS a great players piece and has that vintage vibe. The only reason I'm getting rid of her is because I have too many Jazz Basses and need something different.

The bass comes with a non-original hardshell case.

Looking to trade for;

MusicMan Stingray

G&L L2000

Kawai FIIB

Or run something cool by me (basses only).

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

DSC02438.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

Archived