Zon Sonus Standard 5

scubaBass

• Members

Here we have a beautiful Zon Sonus Standard 5 string with maple body and burl maple top and Rosewood fingerboard.

* Dual coil Seymour Duncan electronics

* 3-band active eq with volume, pickup blend, treble, and stacked mids & bass

* Active/Passive switch

* Hipshot bridge

* Enclosed gear tuners

I am the original owner and have maintained this piece in mint condition. I doubt there's a scratch or scuff on it anywhere. The clear covering is still on the electronics cavity plates. Literally in like new condition.

I am extremely impressed with Joe Zon's new Sonus Standard series. Neck, feel, and balance is superb. Low action. Fretwork is impressive. Electronics are very clear and balanced. Extremely musical to my ear. The entire package simply shouts quality. I would describe this as very open and spatial sounding and very versatile capable of a wide range of tone. I just strung it with a new set of Dunlop Nickels. Whoa! Punchy. Dunlop Straplocks are also installed.

This Zon bass will come with a SKB Freedom hardshell case in very good condition. There are a few marks on the exterior but nothing deep and nothing major.

New to the market there aren't many of these available. I'm prefer selling because I really need to fund a new purchase.

List price on these 5 strings is $1699 from Zon and selling new on the market for $1350 - $1400 without case or straplocks.

$1000 shipped CONUS

I'm potentially open to trades but must be 5 string basses. I'm not able to add cash at this time.

zon1.jpg

zon2.jpg

zon3.jpg

zon4.jpg

zon5.jpg

zon7.jpg

Archived