FS - Yamaha FX900

jabney

• Members

I am selling a Yamaha FX900 Simul-Effects unit. This is a one unit-high rack-mount piece.

The FX900 is a guitar-oriented (and instrument-oriented) box. That means the front panel input over-rides the rear-panel L+R-in jacks, there is a switch on the back to choose 1 meg in or 10k in, and the selection process can be done pretty quickly using only one hand. The FX900 comes with 100 pre-set programs, 100 user-memory locations, and is based on 11 algorithms 'built' from four algorithm blocks. Each block can be toggled on or off with an external switch for quick comparisons.

The FX900 is aimed at players, but some of the pre-sets are useful already for live sound and mix-down, and with some tweaking most of them can be even further adapted.

It's clean except for a little 'rack-rash,' (light scratches on top, mainly) so I'd like to get $175, (or best offer) for it.

Thanks for reading this,

If you are interested in the FX900 or would like to see pictures, please let me know.

best,

john

PS, I haven't compared the internal engine specs with the SPX900 - they are from the same era - but both manuals are on Yamaha's website, so that may answer any questions.

Archived