Need help! Someone is offering me Kurzweil K2000S MINT COND Loaded

• Members

I know very little about Kurz and the 2000 series and the VAST engine. Someone locally is offering a loaded, mint condition Kurz K2000S loaded with hard drive with entire Kurzweil and Ensoniq sample libraries, Orchestral Rom, Software update, Sampler package.All for $800. Does this sound like a great deal? What are the pro and cons of the K2000?

• Members

Mostly pros although superceded by K2500, K2600 and K2661. You don't really have a bargain there though. A K2000 can be had for around $400; ok add $100 for sampling option; hard drive probably isn't that big and the other stuff isn't worth that much. I wouldn't pay more than $600.

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

I know very little about Kurz and the 2000 series and the VAST engine. Someone locally is offering a loaded, mint condition Kurz K2000S loaded with hard drive with entire Kurzweil and Ensoniq sample libraries, Orchestral Rom, Software update, Sampler package.All for $800. Does this sound like a great deal? What are the pro and cons of the K2000?

I love my Kurweil, but I think you could find something similar for

a little bit less.

VAST is still one of the most powerful forms of synthesis out there, in my opinion

Archived