I've been packing up the old band studio...

• Members

We were together down there about a year, but it was the peak of the band...a cross between the Doors and Pearl Jam and a million other things but very very original. I'm heading way south to Florida in a couple days and I've been packing it up and man, what a drag on my mind.

I figured I'd run down there, like other days, just coil things up and throw them in bags like we always did before gigs and not think twice about it, but Jesus I can't seem to come to grips with that. It's not like it was before gigs, I can't get motivated to do anything but sit in a chair rolling kretek joints in the corner in the dull light. We've jammed down there since we broke up a month ago and it hasn't bothered me...it's the true end that's piercing that back part of my brain that normally gets ignored :(

I just pray to the whims of the great magnet I can't get another band together like that in Cocoa Beach. I looked forward to this for a long time but now it's getting to me in a negative sort of way. I've stopped seeing the brighter side of the bull{censored} I guess you could say. I really have to get back down there and finish up, but man anyone else ever feel like this?

Maybe I've just had Rubber Soul on vinyl going too long down there...

Archived