SPAM: Major gear changes require sale!

toorglick

• Members

Yo, I'm doing some gear changing and have several items for sale the KSS folk may be interested in. All prices are firm

Roland JX8P

If you've heard any music over the past two decades, odds are very good you know the sound of the Roland JX8P. From the Cure, to Berlin's "Take My Breath Away," to Tangerine Dream to Depeche Mode, and more, you know that classic, phat, analog sound.

Two analog oscillators per voice, some freaky parameters to get FM like sounds, the famous Roland chorus, 64 memory locations plus another 32 with the included memory cartridge, weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch.

Specific details are here:

http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/roland_jx8p.cfm

http://www.vintagesynth.org/roland/jx8p.shtml

And other places all over via a Google search.

Mine is not the most mint looking (a few scratches, and the case has some worn-looking spots from use), but it operates better than most: each key was taken off the keybed, hand-cleaned and replaced. Most JX8Ps' aftertouch does not work; this one does! I completely overhauled the keybed's electronics so it functions better than it did when it came from the factory in the late '80s (read up on the JX8P and you'll know this is true). Also, most JX8Ps' sliders break down causing volume problems, crackling, and making programming a pain due to jumping parameters. I replaced the sliders on this one and they operate as if it were factory fresh. The insides, otherwise, are clean and in perfect condition.

I've been using mine as a controller, which it's excellent at. I'm doing some gear switching and I will wind up with one too many synths and so this one, unfortunately, has to go.

Comes with a printed copy of the manual and a memory cartridge. I can also point you to some free online editors that make programming this thing a breeze.

$225 plus shipping. PM or email me.

PLUS

Line 6 Echo Pro - freak-out delay box with looping capabilities - pretty much mint condition with original box, paperwork, manual, everything. $350

Boss GX 700 - COSM multieffects processor w/ real analog dist/OD, plus preamp and cabinet modeling - Excellent condition except one of the rack ears is bent slightly near one of the mounting holes. Comes with original power supply and copy of the manual. (there's a PC editor available online I can direct you to making editing a breeze) $165

ADA MP1 - classic tube distortion/OD box. This one will hurt to let go because it sounds so freaking awesome. The power cable has been professionally shortened to just over 2ft for fitting into a rack. Excellent condition. Comes with copy of the manual. $125

Behringer FCB1010 - MIDI floor controller. Excellent shape. Comes with the latest OS eprom installed (I'll include a few older OS eproms if you want them). Original box and manual included. (a lot of online support including a PC editor making it easy to use) $100

Email or PM me if you're interested. I take money orders and Paypal. Prices do not include shipping. Feel free to check out my Ebay feedback.

• Members

I don't mean to be an asshole, but isn't $350 a bit much for an Echo Pro? considering that the blowout price to get them new was $299 and they generally hit the used market between $225-250 these days... once again, not trying to be an asshole... just trying to help your sale by pointing out that your asking price might not generate much interest...

Archived