Anyone tried to ....

Deki

• Members

Does anyone of you tried to remove all the keys with its mechanics from one synth and replace it with different keybeds/keys? For ex., if I don't like the keys on Triton and I want to put all the keys with keybeds from my Kurzweil K2000 (which are made from Fatar), is it even possible to do it?

Thanks!

Deki

• Members

I know what are you talking about, but I am talking about: I like very much the Triton's pitch bend, ribbon, touch screen etc BUT I don't like its keys. Can I PLAY TRITON with different keys.......that's my question.....

• Members

I very much doubt it. There's been talk about replacing, say, the Graded Hammer Action in a Yamaha digital piano with the Balanced Hammer Action from a Motif, but those are essentially the same keybeds, with the same connector (well, the balanced action has a connector for aftertouch, but you could just leave that disconnected). With your situation, you'd be dealing with two very different actions (Yamaha FS on the Triton, Fatar something-or-other on the K2000) that would not only mount differently, but have different connectors and different ways of communicating between keybed and synth motherboard.

Kiru

Archived