Anyone here own the MAudio Delta 1010LT

ExplodingBoy

• Members

I'm in the market for a high quality, yet affordable soundcard.

I don't need a TON of inputs, (would like 2 in 2 out) but I also want to make sure that I get a card which doesn't require an external power amp (if possible). I know the MAudio Delta 1010LT has built in pre-amps, but it has alot of ins and outs which I don't mind and it's affordable. Is that a good quality card?

Any other recommendations? I'm planning on getting Sonar 4 to work with the card. Can these cards do surround sound like the SB Audigy cards? What are those Creative Audigy cards like?

• Members

I have the Delta 1010LT. For what it does and at the pricepoint it's a good card. The drivers are weird and it can take some time fiddling with the settings to get it to work well in your studio. I really have no specific complaints about the card, but like I said it took me a while to get used to its quirks.

That said I like the results and I like having 8 analog ins to play with. I like all of the possibilities it offers in terms of routings because, at least in my case, you never know what recording scenario you're going to get yourself into.

I record at 24/41 and it performs now without a hitch, but, like I said, I did have to fiddle with it for about a month before I settled on the settings I have.

It'll do surround in the sense that it has the outputs to do surround. I've never explored the digital outs and I haven't used the preamps.

I will say, although the M-Audio can seem pricky, they were most helpful when my 1010 bit the dust. I had a new card within a week or so.

• Members

Originally posted by oardrum

Don't you need an external pre-amp with that card though? Is there a good card with maybe 4 total I/O's AND with built in power amps or phantom power?

I'll only be using a Shure SM57 mic.. does that need alot of external power?

right.....no preamps built in. just the 8 I/Os

-G

Archived