Major OT: Anyone see the 2 hour special on Star Wars last night.

wheresgrant3

• Members

I can't help it.... I have nerd tendencies. I say tendencies b/c I'm pretty computer proffiecent, I like synths and I dig First person shooter games. On the contrary, I don't collect comics, I could care less about Star Trek and I never watch the SciFi channel.

However I do love Star Wars... the first three. I was 7 years old on 5-21-77 and I remember the excitement of seeing Star Wars (doubled with For The Love of Benji) at my local drive in. From the first moment my eyes caught Darth Vader, my youth was spent playing out the fanatsies Star Wars.

These days, I'm more interested on what happened behind the camera than what's on the screen. A&E hosted a two hour special on George Lucas and all of the pain and suffereing that went into the making the first trilogy. Unfortunately I missed some of it, but I'm wondering if it will be part of the DVD package releasing tomorrow. They had some incredible footage of pre post prod stuff, failed fx's outtakes. Anyone see the special or know if the extra stuff will be in the DVD package?

• Members

The whole special was probably 90 minutes without commercials. I caught the last hour. They had some killer footage from pre ILM model shop, the actual screen tests for Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker. Composite shots pre-bluescreen. For anyone who loves the process of filmaking, this special had it all.

• Members

Jigg I actually have every laserdisc version, ugh! This one is the last one, the black box with the trilogy. First version was pan/scan; then the widescreen came out got that, then this one with extras.

You know I think record and movie companies ought to give credit to prior purchasers, so if you already bought something you get the new version at a discount just like software. Fat chance.

• Members

Originally posted by cybermooks

You know I think record and movie companies ought to give credit to prior purchasers, so if you already bought something you get the new version at a discount just like software. Fat chance.

tuff {censored}, mooksie. falling in love with the original trilogy (empire strikes back being one of the best sci fi movies ever) only set us all up for major disappointment. Lucas is the singer who thinks he can play drums and write and arrange by himself. where the first three movies excelled (character development and actor chemistry)- the newer ones have failed profoundly. the only areas Lucas seems to have raised the bar in are marketing a bunch of crap and sound effects (which are awesome no doubt). but the CGI stuff (while sort of neato at times) is a joke compared to the LOTR trilogy.

my question: why support Lucas anymore? it's like buying the next bee jees album: a turd as polished as a turd can be. my advice: stop wasting your money you losers!

(but I can't wait to borrow the trilogy on DVD!)

/johnny

l mix r

• Members

Originally posted by the_resonator

damimt!

i llive in BFE now, and we have no TV stations, and no Sat, and the local cable only has like 30 channels.

argh!!

You're complaining that you "only" have thirty channels? WTF?

Forever,

Kim.

Archived